One of the most rewarding ways to get involved with Big Brothers Big Sisters is to work with us. A career with Big Brothers Big Sisters is an opportunity to merge your talents and personal values with your desire to make a difference.
Every day, we are changing the perspectives of children and enabling them to see the world around them in a more positive light. With that newfound point of view, they can see their potential more clearly and dream bigger about their future. Our success is a result of committed and inspired employees, working together to make a lasting impact on America’s youth, schools, and communities.
An Opportunity for Growth
That’s obviously true for the children we serve. But it’s also true within our organization. We need talented and passionate people in a variety of areas including Executive Leadership, Fund Development, Program Management, Marketing and Communications, Human Resources, Finance, and Information Technology.
We are committed to a diverse workforce with representation from every walk of life. We recognize how our organization is greatly enhanced when we unite people of diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives.
School Enrollment and Match Specialist- West Palm Beach, FL $29,000 – $30,000 a year
Are you a “people person” who cares about the healthy development of youth? Are you looking to join a community-focused, performance-driven human service organization? Are you looking for varied, independent work as well as to be part of a fun, dynamic team?
This is a terrific opportunity to join the Program Services team at Big Brothers Big Sisters of Palm Beach and Martin Counties. Essential to the BBBS brand, the primary function of this position is to ensure that volunteers and children are appropriately enrolled and matched while executing a high degree of independent judgment when utilizing BBBS standards and practices. A high-level customer service, focusing on volunteer options and child safety, is to be demonstrated throughout the volunteer and child enrollment and matching process.
- Assess volunteer and child/parent fit to BBBS for the school-based program by completing individual orientation, interviews, and other enrollment processes.
- Match qualified volunteers using enrollment data to gain the best relationships/outcomes for youth. Once the matches are formed, EMS supports matches at 4 after-school locations (In Northern Palm Beach County) with relationship development while supervising group mentoring at after-school locations.
- Minimum, Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work or Human Services related field required and 1 year of social services, human resources, volunteer management, or related experience.
- Assessment and relationship development experience with child and adult populations a plus; understanding of child development and family dynamics; intake or interview experience preferred.
- Demonstrate Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications; including Word, Outlook, and Excel. Must have car, valid driver’s license, and meet state required automobile insurance minimums.
Required Skills and Abilities:
Intermediate level oral and written communication and interpersonal skills; high-level interviewing skills; excellent judgment and decision-making skills; ability to use time effectively and to focus on details; ability to work independently; performance-driven mind-set; customer service orientation; experience working with people from diverse cultures; ability to juggle tasks and set priorities; ability to effectively collaborate with other staff.
Must be able to pass a criminal background check, Bilingual in Spanish preferred, Salary- commensurate with experience. No calls please.
Required education: Bachelor’s
Required experience: Group Facilitation: 1 year
Required language: Spanish Please apply at: https://www.indeed.com/cmp/Big-Brothers-Big-Sisters-of-Palm-Beach-&/jobs/SchoolEnrollment-Match-Specialist-83505f6f1f07114a?q=big+brothers+big+sisters